You can picture it now – clear blue skies and 35 degrees, spanish tapas, strawberries, chocolate, waking up to find yourself so close to the person next to you…Where are you? On honeymoon? A holiday of a life time?
Not me! I have all of the above but…I am back on the Futures tour with a couple of our SotoTennis Academy players, Alistair Barnes and Andrew Fitzpatrick!
Let’s start at the beginning..
- Clear Blue Skies and 35 degrees – We certainly have that- Only problem it is double that in our room and we have no AC!
- Spanish Tapas- We had that, but went cheap as you have to on the futures tour and I am not sure whether I had ‘Pollo’ or ‘gato’.
- Strawberries- I’ll leave that till last!
- Chocolate – All I see are bottles in the room – Protein shakes everywhere! Chocolate flavoured, but not the type of chocolate me and the missus have during X Factor- Galaxy any day of the week!
- Waking up so close to the person next to you – Not what you may have had in mind…as mine and Andrew’s feet touched our beds were so close, and come to think of it stuck together bearing in mind number 1!
- Back to those strawberries – Well very strangely this is the name of our room- not 102, but ‘Fresa’ – about sums it up folks!
Fingers crossed for another win later – and we may upgrade to Kiwi!
Director, SotoTennis Academy
Inspiring Excellence | Tennis Academy Spain